- This event has passed.
3RD IWA RESOURCE RECOVERY CONFERENCE 2019
September 8, 2019 - September 12, 2019
The 3rd IWA Conference on Resource Recovery from Water will take place next September 8-12 in San Servolo Island (Venice).
This conference is organized by the International Water Association (IWA) with the aim of highlighting the importance and showcase opportunities of embedding resource recovery as a key consideration in urban water management.
Resource recovery from water is a fast evolving field with various recent innovations currently being scaled-up and demonstrated in relevant large Horizon2020 and international innovation actions. This conference represents an excellent opportunity to showcase these recent innovations.
The 3rd Resource Recovery Conference will officially begin with an opening session on Sunday afternoon (September 8th) and will conclude on Wednesday morning (September 11th). On Thursday 12th September the program foresees technical visits to innovative sites in the Venice area.
The programme of the conference will focus on topics related to recovery of the plethora of resources that can be recovered from these waste streams:
- Pilot scale demonstration of innovative resource technologies;
- Next generation resource recovery – breakthrough technologies and value added products;
- Planning and implementation of next-generation resource recovery, wastewater treatment and sanitation infrastructure – global perspectives;
- Monetization, financing and policy-making to foster resource-recovery driven circular economies;
- Cross sectoral links and value chains – enhancing sustainability for society;
- Economic, legislative, and societal opportunities and barriers;