- This event has passed.
July 1 - July 2
The IWA Conference on Algal Technologies and Stabilization Ponds for Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery (IWAlgae2019) will take place on July, 1-2 in the Valladolid University.
This event represents a joint conference, bringing together the 2nd IWA Conference on Algal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery and the 12th IWA Specialist Group Conference in Wastewater Pond Technology. These two international conferences will allow scientists, algaeneers and practitioners to exchange the latest knowledge on the application of photosynthetic microorganisms for wastewater treatment and resource recovery, covering traditional opened ponds systems and the use of photobioreactors.
This event is a unique overview and discussion platform of the latest scientific developments and practical applications in a field of research that has exponentially increased over the past decade.
The main topics that will be discussed are:
- Advances in wastewater pond technology (cases of study and fundamental research).
- Alga-bacteria-phatogen/virus interactions.
- Algae downstream processing to valuable products.
- Algae-based biorefineries.
- Algal-Bacterial interactions and microbial ecology.
- Algal-bacterial photo-bioreactors/ponds for wastewater treatment.
- Biofuels from photosynthetic microorganisms.
- Experimental methods, algal respirometry, monitoring, modeling and process control.
- Harvesting technologies.
- Life cycle assessment.
- Macroalgae-based technologies.
- Molecular mechanism for carbon and nitrogen uptake.
- Purple photosynthetic bacteria-based Wastewater Treatment.
- Waste gas treatment and greenhouse gas capture (including biogas upgrading).