- This event has passed.
PLATE CONFERENCE 2019
September 18 - September 20
The 3rd international PLATE conference (Product Lifetimes and the Environment) will take place on Septemeber 18-20 in Berlin (Germany).
The event, organized by Fraunhofer IZM in cooperation with Technische Universität Berlin, addresses product lifetimes in the context of sustainability. While discussions on product lifetimes have been going on for a number of years, the topic has come to the forefront of current (political, scientific & societal) debates due to its interconnectedness with a number of recent prominent movements , such as the circular economy, ecodesign and collaborative consumption. The conference encompasses these topics – whether they relate directly or indirectly to issues of product lifetimes and the environment – and is open to all product types, consumption, and production sectors and applications.
The main topics that will be discussed are:
- Product lifetimes and product design.
- Circular Economy and circularity in business.
- Sustainable consumption.
- Sharing economy and collaborative consumption.
- Repair, DIY and maker communities.
- Policy, regulation and legislation.
- Obsolescence 4.0 – Digitalisation and product lifetimes.
- Other PLATE related topics.