Development of public engagement actions, tools and strategies to enable a sustainable shift in food packaging culture in Europe
InformPack: Development of public engagement to enable a sustainable food packaging culture in Europe
Sustainable food packaging
Tools, strategies and activities
InformPack explores the cross-cultural variations that exist amongst consumers in terms of awareness, information gaps, issues and attitudes towards food packaging as related to product choice upon purchase and disposal patterns at home and on the go. Findings will be used to create actions, tools, and strategies that will influence public behaviour and bring forward solutions to enable transition to a more sustainable European food-packaging ecosystem.
InformPack’s aim is to achieve a change in public’s behaviour that will enable a transition to a more sustainable European food-packaging ecosystem. This will be achieved by building targeted tools, strategies, and engagement activities that address the public’s knowledge gaps, questions, and expectations, while leveraging expert knowledge and taking into account the issues and needs of the food-packaging sector. However, as identified in the PoC, public engagement alone cannot resolve all issues because the public’s behaviour is closely linked to available systemic and packaging solutions.
Therefore, to support this behavioural shift and make the sustainable choice easier for the public, in 2022 InformPack will set up and co-create solutions to industrial challenges, using the target group as a source of inspiration to generate alternative packaging concepts (“fresh produce packaging” and ““hard plastic packages: focus on bottles”) that also incorporate the packaging value chain stakeholders’ needs and reality.
– Increase number of citizens taking part in co-creation activities
– Increase collaboration amongst packaging value chain stakeholders across Europe to find common resolutions, with better success rates (acceptance), to contemporary systemic challenges.
– Increase engagement of citizens in the food system (agents of change) in targeted countries (ES and PL) across Europe.
- Status: Active
- Funding programme: EIT Food programme funded by the European Union
- Contract nº: –
- Duration: 1st January 2022 – 31st December 2022 (12 months)
- Budget: 395.946 €