Potential and Validation of Sustainable Natural & Advance Technologies for Water & Wastewater Treatment, Monitoring and Safe Water Reuse in India
PAVITR: Treatment and safe reuse of wastewater in India
Recognition and establishment of knowledge chains between Europe and India
Develop and deploy cost-effective & sustainable solutions
Different research clusters have been formed
PAVITR project is an interdisciplinary and closely interconnected cluster of universities, research institutes, SMEs, and nongovernmental entities, which will provide real solutions for the water related challenges via the identification/recognition and establishment of knowledge chains of expertise as well as technology transfer between Europe and India.
The main aim of this project is to validate, develop and deploy cost-effective & sustainable solutions to tackle water challenges and ensure the provision of safe water reuse, rejuvenate water quality of rivers, and restore degraded ecosystems in India. This will be achieved by deploying & developing water-wastewater technologies and use of sensors for emerging and traditional contaminants.
In PAVITR, different research clusters have been formed, each concentrating on the assessment and enhancement of a specific aspect of the whole system:
– Water & Rainwater Research Cluster (WRW- RC).
– Wastewater Treatment Research Cluster (WWT- RC).
– Strategy and Decision Making Research Cluster (SDM –RC).
– High-resolution Management Research Cluster (HRM-RC).
– Business Studies Research Cluster (BS-RC).
An incentive has been received from the Agency for Innovation and Development of Andalusia IDEA (Junta de Andalucía), for an amount of 9,000 euros, 80% co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund, FEDER for the development of the project Innovation and affordable solutions for water treatment and purification in India (702N1700023) with the aim of “Promoting technological development, innovation and quality research”.
– Development and validation of 16 innovative, adapted and cost-efficient wastewater and water treatment systems.
– Production of marketable Secondary Raw Materials (SRM), such as organic-source fertilizers and bio-stimulants.
– To treat and breakdown compounds to safely levels for varying pollution loads including those from emerging pollutants.
– To implement and demonstrate safe water reuse schemes.
– Development of a demonstrative application for Wastewater treatment and large-scale nutrient recovery in a real prototype demonstrators.
– To improve acceptance from final users.
– Implementation of a cost-benefit analysis and a life-cycle assessment approach for the technologies and products developed together.
– Reduction the adverse effects of nutrient discharges to the environment.
– Fostering synergies between the wastewater providers and sustainable agriculture industries.
– Providing evidence and Policy Recommendations.
– To promote wide and fast market uptake of PAVITR systems and products by implementing targeted and innovative “Reuse” business plans.
– To empower and support 30 industries and SMEs in India.
- Duration: 1 February 2019 – 31 January 2023 (48 months)
- Presupuesto: €5,446,073.00 (EC funding: €2,807,142.50)